SQL Server 2017 is the biggest release and most important releases in the Microsoft product history simply because of the freedom that it gives to install the product anywhere. The advent of the Docker containers and growing emphasis on open source solutions opened the door to greater technological innovation and advancement.
This article discusses the following topics:
- Introduction to Docker container
- Pre-requisite to build Docker container
- A walkthrough of the setup process to build a SQL Server instance running on the Linux CentOS and in a Docker container
- How to connect to the database engine
- How to connect to the database engine externally
- And more…